iCAN Community Church (iCC) is committed to the protection of your privacy. Your privacy is very important to us and we understand how important it is to you. Our aim is to be as clear and open as possible about what we do with your personal data and why we do it.
Definitions we use in this privacy notice
- The Service” means services we provide to you as a church; including prayer, support groups, email updates, invitations to church events and any other activities undertaken at iCC in service to its congregation
- “you” means you as a member, worker or visitor at iCC, or visitor to our website. In this relationship between us, you should be considered the Data Subject as defined within the context of the GDPR and UK data protection law.
- “us”, “we” and “our” refers to iCAN Community Church. In the relationship between us, iCAN Community Church should be considered the Data Controller (the Service Provider) as defined within the context of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK data protection law. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we use your information?
- To keep you informed on upcoming events at iCC, and iCC groups which we feel will be of interest to you.
- If you are a worker or are involved in any ministry at iCC, we will use your information to keep you informed on upcoming events, meetings, or any new groups or ministries at our church. We will also use your data to keep you informed about when you are scheduled to serve at church.
- If you have a child in children’s church, we will use your information to contact you regarding any events relating to children’s church or any incidents that occur at children’s church in relation to your child.
- If you have filled out a visitor form in which you have given us explicit consent to add your personal information to our church suite database (the database we use to store subject’s data), email you, call you or text you in relation to the services we provide as a church.
Our lawful basis for processing data is:
Legitimate interest –
- If you are a member of iCC, we will process your data for processes such as: keeping you informed of church events, an for use as part of a ministry rota.
- When you sign-up for an iCC event and we communicate with you about that event, both before the event, and in follow up after the event.
- Where you have engaged with us at a church service or event or by email, or you have approached us independently for information about The Service. We will only use your contact details to respond to your enquiry.
- To process any financial donations you make to iCAN Community Church and to ensure they are recorded correctly.
- Where, as a parent you have given us explicit consent to process your child’s information in relation to children’s church.
- Where you have voluntarily subscribed to the church’s mailing list, through our website and explicitly consented to receiving our emails
- If you have filled out a visitor form, in which you have given us explicit consent to add you to our churchsuite database, email you, text or call you regarding the service we provide.
- If you have signed up to an event, we will only add you to our church database if you have consented for us to do so.
- If you are giving financially to our church, certain information from givers is legitimately needed for the purposes of UK Gift Aid reclaims and must be held on record for up to six years and we must be able to demonstrate a clear link between the giver, the declaration and the donation.
Your rights as an individual
You have the right to unsubscribe at any time from receiving emails and/ or any communication from us. You can do this by simply emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have our church suite app, you can control your privacy and communication preferences and choose to be forgotten (your details are deleted from our database). You also have a right to request that any personal information we hold about you is corrected.
Sharing your information
The information we hold about you will be treated as strictly confidential and will be used exclusively by iCC for the purposes outlined in this privacy notice. We will only share your data with third parties if required to do so by law.
How secure is your information?
We take security very seriously and will do everything within our power to keep your information safe.
How long do we keep your information
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out by the GDPR. We endeavour to maintain only data that is relevant, accurate and up to date. If you have joined our churchsuite app, you can control what data you provide to us, what communication you receive, and whether your personal information is visible to others.
Viewing the information we hold about you
You may request information on all the information iCC holds about you by simply emailing us at: email@example.com.