About iCan Community Church
iCan Community Church (iCC) is a registered UK charity (Charity Number 1170112) and an active member of the Evangelical Alliance (EA membership number: 161478). We are a mainstream evangelical and charismatic church based in East London, led by Bishop Wayne Malcolm and a pastoral team.
Although our church has operated online for over one year, we now seek to resume physical, in-person services.
What we believe:
1. We believe that the Holy Bible was given by inspiration of God and that it contains the wisdom and plan of God for mankind.
2. We believe in one almighty God, the maker of heaven and earth who is revealed to us in Scripture as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ took away the sins of the world at the cross and made salvation available to all who believe the good news.
4. We believe that Christian life begins with a spiritual awakening called the New Birth. The new birth starts when the GOSPEL is revealed to us and becomes real
in us. That moment marks the beginning of a new life with new direction, new power and new attitudes. Repentance (the spiritual awakening) is the SUBSTANCE of the new birth. Water baptism is the SYMBOL of new birth and the Holy Spirit is the SEAL of the new birth’.
5. We believe in water baptism by full immersion into Christ as a sign of faith and as an act of covenant with God.
6. We believe in the baptism and gifts of the Holy Spirit as revealed in the Scriptures to empower believers for a life of service.
7. We believe that God’s purpose is to restore the image and likeness of God in the believer by the power of the Holy Spirit. The life long process of becoming more like Christ is the essence of true Holiness.
8. We believe in the gospel of Grace: That God has dealt with our sins through Christ and will not hold them against us. That he extends an open invitation to all regardless of nature or nurture into his kingdom and care. A changed life will be the result of a relationship with God but is not a requirement for one. Come as you are…
9. We believe in the Church established by Christ to be His corporate body and spiritual house. We regard local church membership to be essential for believers who seek to realise their true prophetic potential